PushDoc is a client/server app for Android which lets you drag and drop stuff from your desktop to your phone.
It allows to transfer and convert data to/from your desktop and your android device over Wifi.
Here is what you can do with PushDoc:
- Transfer web article from your desktop to your phone/tablet just selecting the text/article from any desktop web browser and drag n drop to the phone.
- You can drag and drop an entire web page and have it converted in PDF into your phone.
- Select any text from your browser, drop it to the phone and have it converted to AUDIO speech file on your phone so that you can listen to your favourite news while driving or jogging (this feature is english only at the moment).
- Stamp your desktop screen and have it immediately on your phone.
- Transfer files and folders from phone to desktop and vice versa.
- Write notes from your desktop and easily send it to the phone.
- Manage your phone SD card from your desktop.
- Manage your phone SD card from your phone.
Here is a short video that show how to use PushDoc
This is the main page of the phone app. Just push the button and see the address which appears.
Open your browser on the address (in this case http:192.168.2.2:8080) and launch the desktop app.
The desktop app will be downloaded from the phone and it looks like this:
Now you are done, you can drag and drop text/images/url from your web browser to the Phone windows and it will appear on your phone. For example you might want to select an article and have it on your phone as a audio speech file.You will just need to drop your content like this:
You can also drag drop files and forlders to your phone or use the Paste button of the desktop app in order
to transfer the clipboard to the phone.
Once you drop something into the Phone windows, you will see the result in the Files tab of your Android:
If you wish to have a web page converted to PDF and transferred to your phone, just drag n drop the icon on the
left of the address of the webpage in the browser, like this: